When people reside in the St. Albert, AB, area and are nearing their golden years, they might be looking for retirement renovations so they can reside in the comfort of their home for years. You can have children or grandchildren stay for visits and family reunions. In addition, you can hold on to the furniture and decor familiar to you. While you may remain healthy well into the future, aging-in-place services can ease the transition into your golden years.
Handyman Connection of Edmonton professionals can assist with an array of retirement remodels, from entryways and elevators to aging-in-place bathroom remodeling projects. If completed correctly, these installations make caring for your house simpler. They can make your space easier to get around in while using wheelchairs, scooters and walkers. This remodeling can also make support for seniors more convenient, so you can better care for your partner or spouse and keep them with you longer.
Whether you need smaller scale upgrades and repairs for aging-in-place or a complete remodel, call the Handyman Connection contractors in St. Albert, AB. We will gladly answer all your questions or set up an appointment for a no-cost first visit.
Floor Plans for Senior Care Remodeling
- Widening of halls and doorways to make them easier for wheelchairs to go through can be vital for aging-in-place services
- Installation of electric chair lifts or installation of elevators can make living at home a real possibility
- Single story homes are a must for many senior citizens. We can help you remodel your home to age in place in comfort without having to navigate stairways
Remodeling Outdoors for Aging-in-Place
- Siding upgrades can end the work of ongoing maintenance
- Deck repairs can improve safety, and remodeling such as adding ramps and widening access can make your outdoor space easier to navigate
- Landscaping changes such as planting shrubbery and plants that are simple to maintain can cut down on the need for yard work and water
Remodel the Bathroom for Retirement
Remodeling tiny bathrooms can help you age in place by:
- Adding grip bars for stability
- Replacing faucet handles so you don’t have to twist your wrists
- Increasing turnaround space
- Installing a fold-down seat in the shower for safety
- Adding lights in the shower stall
- Installing grab bars around the tub and toilet to prevent dangerous falls
- Raising toilets to make it easier to sit and stand
- Separate apartments for caregivers
Small Things Make a Difference in Retirement Remodels
- Installing non-slip hard floors and replacement of old rugs with new carpet of less than 1.5-inch pile can make wheelchair access simple
- Small changes such as new levers instead of knobs and easy open windows and blinds, thermostats moved to easier-to-reach places, light switches near entryways, and installation of security systems can make aging-in-place independently more convenient
Entryway Remodels for Seniors
- Tile and concrete that isn’t slippery can keep you safe
- Motion lighting, flat thresholds and garage additions make living at home in retirement easier
- Wheelchair accessibility ramps to front doors, back doors and in garages can make coming and going less stressful when aging-in-place
Updating a bedroom for yourself so caregivers can be with you while you live in retirement can be perfect. Ask about changes to just one bathroom or the addition of a chair lift to make this possible.
Contact the aging-in-place renovation contractors at Handyman Connection in Edmonton, AB, to learn more and prepare for a comfortable, secure retirement in your own home.