Living in Alberta can make you feel as though you have the whole wilderness for your backyard. However, sometimes it is beneficial to set some boundaries between your property and the rest of the great outdoors. Fence installation in Edmonton can serve multiple purposes depending on your needs, the height of the fence, and the material it is made from. Learn more about the different fencing options that we offer at Handyman Connection
so that you can decide what you need.
What Purposes Can a Fence Serve?
People usually put up a fence for one of three different purposes:
Sometimes a fence can serve more than one purpose at the same time. For example, a white picket fence may serve to keep children or pets confined to the front yard, but its primary purpose is typically decorative.
You may have good relationships with your neighbours but don’t necessarily want them to have completely open access to your backyard. A privacy fence is one that is at least six feet tall and opaque. It can actually help to maintain good relationships with your neighbours because it affords both sides a measure of privacy while preventing accidental encroachments that could lead to arguments. The time that you do spend in your yard with your neighbours as invited guests become all the more relaxed and enjoyable as a result.
While some fences can perform double duty, some homeowners prefer to have more than one fence serving different purposes on different areas of their property. For example, they may have a decorative fence in the front yard but have something more utilitarian, such as a chain-link or privacy fence, in the backyard where fewer people will see it.
What Materials Are Fences Made From?
At Handyman Connection, we use several different materials for fence installation in Edmonton:
- Chain Link: This metal fencing option is affordable and effective at confining children or pets to the yard. It comes in a range of heights and allows you to set boundaries without completely cutting yourself off from the world.
- Cedar: Cedar fencing is a mid-priced option that is sturdy and serviceable. It can provide privacy as well as a natural look to your yard.
- Vinyl: Vinyl fencing is an alternative to cedar and other wooden fencing materials that offers all the same advantages with less maintenance. While a vinyl fence costs more upfront, it typically lasts for many years.
How Do You Maintain a Fence?
The maintenance of your fence depends on what material it is made out of. For a vinyl fence, routine maintenance consists mainly of an annual inspection and cleaning. Wooden fences need to be protected from dirt, excess water, and insect pests such as termites. Chain link fences need maintenance to prevent rust.
What Fence Repair Services Does Handyman Connection Provide?
Fence maintenance helps avoid major repairs, but if you need to have your fence fixed, you can call us for the following:
- Installation and repair of gate and latch
- Secure replacement of fence posts in concrete
- Repair or replacement of rails and pickets
- Staining and power washing of fences
When you work with Handyman Connection, our craftsmen install your fence and perform repairs safely, properly, and quickly. We are so confident that we guarantee our work in writing. See our portfolio of past work and call us to schedule fence repair services
or receive an estimate for a new installation.