What We Do
Jobs We Specialize In
- Grab bar installation
- Fixed or portable accessibility ramp installation
- Shower seat installation
- Walk-in tub installation
- Zero-threshold/walk-in shower installation
- Anti-scald device installation
- Motion-sensor faucet installation
- Countertop height remodeling
- Roll-out shelving installation
- Anti-slip flooring installation
- Motion-sensor lighting installation
- Door-widening (offset) hinge installation
- Pocket door installation
- Stairlift installation
- Door camera/caregiver camera installation
There are many reasons seniors in Edmonton may choose to remain in their own homes instead of transitioning to other living arrangements. Home is often where people are comfortable, near to friends, and able to carry out their normal day-to-day routines. At Handyman Connection, we provide a wide range of repair services in Edmonton that assists seniors aging in place. Whether your home requires minor regular maintenance or more significant remodelling, we are eager to help.
Why Is Home Improvement Necessary for Aging in Place?
There are numerous ways that handymen can help make seniors’ homes safer. One of the biggest dangers seniors face at home is falling, whether it happens while going about your normal routine or when trying to handle a home repair issue. In order to avoid the first type of fall, home improvement specialists can help eliminate common hazards throughout your house. Consider a handful of the simple and affordable modifications that may improve the safety of your home:
- Adding ramps in the entryways to different rooms
- Supplementing current light fixtures to improve visibility
- Installing non-slip flooring in areas that may become slick with water, including the kitchen and shower
- Mounting handrails and grab bars in high-risk areas, including stairwells and bathrooms
- Adding additional seating so there is always a place to rest nearby
- Relocating electrical cords that cross main walkways
Home improvement experts may also be able to prevent falls that occur when homeowners need to access hard-to-reach places to complete regular maintenance. Maintenance assistance may also decrease the likelihood of a long list of other concerns. Consider a few examples of maintenance chores you may benefit from:
- Changing HVAC filters
- Checking and repairing the roof
- Fixing leaks in pipes and appliances
- Testing smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Strengthening handrails and grab bars
- Changing light bulbs
Being proactive about reducing the risk of a fall or another household safety issue may save you a great deal of stress and potentially a large sum of money.
Why Work With Handyman Connection in Edmonton?
Our team at Handyman Connection is highly experienced in a diverse range of home improvement tasks. You can trust our professionals to do the job properly the first time so you don’t have to worry about a problem recurring.
We also take pride in offering exceptional customer service. We understand that preparing your home for aging in place is not an easy process and it may not be immediately clear exactly which services you require. You can count on us to make this process as stress-free as possible.
Our team specializes in a number of home repairs for seniors:
- Adjusting countertop height
- Replacing showers and tubs with zero-threshold versions
- Installing grab bars, stairlifts, and ramps
- Widening doorways
- Installing safety features such as caregiver cameras, anti-slip flooring, and anti-scald devices
- Adding convenience features such as roll-out shelving and motion-sensor faucets and lights
If you don’t see the service you need listed here, don’t worry! We are equipped to tackle a number of additional services. If you need other types of plumbing, electrical, or carpentry help, we may be able to complete these jobs, as well.
Contact Us Today
No matter how small or large you expect your home improvement project to be, our team at Handyman Connection in Edmonton is eager to help. Give us a call today to set up your free consultation and receive an estimate.