July 4th is just around the corner and we have a few ideas for your All-American celebrations!
- Provide youngsters a large box of inexpensive ribbons, crepe paper, and party favors in patriotic colors so kids can decorate their bikes or wagons and stage an impromptu parade. (Hint: Use any leftovers to dress-up tables!)
- Freeze blueberries and strawberries in ice cubes for a tasty, patriotic way to keep those summertime drinks cool.
- Set out small jars of red, white and blue candies and use them as table centerpieces. Guests can help themselves to a sweet treat at anytime!
- Looking for a fun craft idea for younger guests? How about fireworks rings!
- Light up the night! Buy lots of inexpensive white jar candles from your local dollar store. They create instant ambiance to any outdoor setting after the sun goes down.
- Keep plenty of cool drinks handy! By scattering colorful red, white and blue bins filled with ice and drinks, you ensure that a refreshing beverage is always nearby.
- If your backyard play area includes a sandbox, consider holding a sandcastle building competition. Kids (and creative adults) will love it!
Handyman Connection wishes you a very safe and happy Independence Day!