With the official start of summer just weeks away, we think it’s the perfect time to assess your seasonal home maintenance tasks! Of course, we know there are better things to do during the summer, such as relaxing outside with a nice, cold glass of lemonade, but wouldn’t you feel even more relaxed knowing that your home is in tip-top shape and ready to withstand the the summer heat? We think so! Here’s our list of summer home maintenance tasks. And as always, when you need help with your home maintenance tasks, call on the experts at Handyman Connection!
- Check your home’s smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they’re
working properly. If they are not working properly, install new detectors immediately.
- Clean all ceiling fans and other fans with a damp rag to ensure they are cooling
rooms as efficiently as possible.
- Inspect your deck for signs of rot and hammer in any nails that are poking up.
To determine if your deck needs sealing, sprinkle water on the deck boards. If the
water beads up, you’re in good shape; but if the water is absorbed onto the boards,
it’s time to reseal.
- Didn’t get around to cleaning windows during Spring cleaning? Take care of it now.
If you see any window damage that needs to be repaired…call us!
- Inspect your exterior hoses and faucets for leaks. Wasting water is bad for your wallet…and your community.
- Pressure wash your porch, deck, patio and any outdoor furniture.
- Pour yourself a nice, cold glass of lemonade…and relax! It’s summertime!