Discover 10 Winter Snow Removal
It’s that time of the year, if you live in a colder climate, the snow is already piling up. As you maintain your home and keep busy during the cold months, our craftsmen wanted to share with you our favorite 10 snow removal tips to help you this winter.
Snow Removal Tips
1. Shovel the driveway first—don’t drive over fresh snow, this will pack down and create a build up of ice.
2. Mark driveways and sidewalks with stakes.
3. A snowblower is a sure way to clear snow fast—invest in one if you are unable to shovel your drive yourself or want a convenient approach.
4. Do not pile snow against your foundation—the build up snow can melt and leak into your foundation/ basement.
5. Remove snow from flat roofs to prevent moisture, ice, water build-up.
6. Do not let big icicles develop—this can damage your gutters and home. Remove carefully and often.
7. Get a good shovel that will last and get the job done without fear of breaking. Do not get a shovel that is too big or long for you to handle easily because this can cause strain to your arms and back and even injury.
8. Shovel frequently—large build ups of snow are harder to clear and maintain.
9. Take your time—if you are unused to physical activity or have a hard time shoveling, hire a professional, or take it in steps. Your health and safety should be your first concern.
10. Use a tarp—cover your vehicle with a drop cloth or canvas tarp to lift and remove with the snow when you need to use your car.
With these 10 tips on snow removal, you will be ready to handle this upcoming winter. Snow removal may feel like a never-ending process, but it is important to keep up with and maintain your home and drive. Avoid ice-build up and take your time with any of these projects to avoid strain or injury. If you need help, reach out to your local handyman to see if your snow can be removed for you.
Contact Handyman Connection
Contact our handymen professionals at Handyman Connection for your next project and quote today.