We offer a wide range of services for that fresh look, or just maintenance or updates to keep your home functioning and safe. Regardless of the size of the job, we have a craftsman that can tackle it. We offer a wide range of services for that fresh look, or just maintenance or updates to keep your home functioning and safe. Regardless of the size of the job, we have a craftsman that can tackle it.
Aging in Place / February 12, 2021
Now that the winter season is steadily dying down, experts say that now is one of the best times of the year to get some home improvement projects out of the way. By doing so, your home will be prepared for the upcoming seasons. But what exactly are the home improvement and maintenance projects that you can do during the winter?
In this article, home maintenance experts Handyman Connection® of Orange County list the six home maintenance projects you can have your handyman during the final days of the winter season.
1. Insulate Your Plumbing and Pipes – Even though the winter season is almost over, experts say that it’s still a good idea for you to have an expert plumber insulate your plumbing and pipes with heat tape or thermostatically controlled heat cables. That way, you can prevent your pipes from freezing over and bursting even next winter.
2. Secure Your Dryer Vents and Air Intakes – During the winter season, animals and pests are looking for places to nest in and if your dryer vents and air intakes aren’t properly covered up, they may take advantage of the openings and invade your home. With that in mind, make sure to secure your home’s dryer vents and air intakes with a mesh prevention barrier to prevent them from entering.
3. Inspect Windows and Doors for Drafts – Alternatively, you can also have your handyman inspect your windows and doors to see if they have any draft causing gaps between them. If there are, make it a point to have them install weatherstripping or caulking around the affected areas immediately to prevent warm air from escaping your home and causing a spike in your cooling bills.
4. Check the Attic for Proper Ventilation – On the other hand, since you’re already having an expert handyman make some improvements around your home, you should also ask them to check if your attic is properly ventilated. By doing so, you can make the necessary adjustments to avoid damaging your roof and make your home comfortable at the same time.
5. Install a Programmable Thermostat – Believe it or not, installing a programmable thermostat during the winter season can go a long way in keeping your heating and cooling bills low for the upcoming seasons. This is because by installing a programmable thermostat, the temperature of your home can be automatically adjusted throughout the day, preventing you from leaving it on one setting that is no longer optimal as the day goes on.
6. Replace Your Furnace Filters – Finally, you should also consider asking your handyman to replace your furnace filters. That way, excess dust and particles won’t circulate around your home and your furnace can operate more efficiently in keeping your home warm for the winter season.
Planning to do some home improvement projects this winter? Look no further than Handyman Connection of Orange County. When it comes to remodeling and maintenance projects, we are the number one service provider to turn to and you can count on us! Give us a call at (714) 288-0077 or fill out our contact form to request a free estimate today!