Uncategorized / September 8, 2023
As the days grow shorter and the temperature drops, it’s time to start thinking about preparing your home for the colder months ahead. One of the key concerns for many homeowners during the fall season is how to keep their homes warm and comfortable without breaking the bank on energy bills. The good news is that with a little proactive effort, you can boost your home’s energy efficiency and save money while staying cozy. In this blog post, we’ll share some valuable tips from Handyman Connection and our home maintenance team to help you achieve fall-home energy efficiency.
1. Seal Those Drafts: Drafty doors and windows are notorious for letting precious heat escape and cold air infiltrate your home. Inspect your doors and windows for gaps and cracks, and seal them with weatherstripping or caulking. Consider adding door sweeps to the bottoms of exterior doors to prevent drafts from creeping in.
2. Service Your Heating System: Fall is the perfect time to schedule a professional inspection and maintenance service for your heating system. A well-tuned furnace or heat pump operates more efficiently, ensuring that you get the most warmth out of every dollar spent on energy.
3. Use a Programmable Thermostat: Installing a programmable thermostat allows you to automatically adjust your home’s temperature when you’re not there or when you’re sleeping. Lowering the temperature when you’re away or snuggled under blankets at night can lead to substantial energy savings over time. Contact us and book our electrical services today so a handyman can install it for you!
4. Mind Your Lighting: With shorter days in the fall, you’ll likely rely more on indoor lighting. Consider switching to energy-efficient LED bulbs, which use significantly less energy and last longer than traditional incandescent bulbs. If you need help installing any specific lightbulbs for your home, contact our home maintenance services today!
5. Embrace Solar Heating: Take advantage of the natural warmth of the sun by opening curtains or blinds during the day to let sunlight in. This can naturally heat your home and reduce the need for artificial heating.
By implementing these fall home energy efficiency tips, you can create a cozier living space while reducing your energy consumption and utility bills. Plus, you’ll be doing your part to reduce your environmental footprint. Don’t hesitate to contact Handyman Connection for expert assistance with insulation, weatherproofing, or any other home maintenance and improvement projects to ensure your home is ready to face the colder months ahead.
If you need help with either installing a programmable thermostat, sealing your windows, or something entirely else, trust the home maintenance professionals from Handyman Connection today for our expertise in home maintenance and helping you prepare for the fall and winter. By either calling us or Requesting an Estimate online, we can then visit your home at your earliest convenience.