Football season is around the corner, which means now is a great time to mount a TV for the ultimate game-watching experience for your family and friends.
Here are some tips that will help you when it’s time to mount a TV:
- Measure the space where you plan to place your TV. Make sure there’s enough room for the TV stand, cables, and other equipment.
- Find out if the wall has any electrical outlets nearby. You can use an extension cord to power your TV.
- Determine how high you want to hang your TV. It should be as close to eye level as possible.
- Decide whether you want to buy a new TV stand or get one from a store. A good quality stand will last for years.
- Consider buying a universal TV bracket so you won’t need to purchase multiple brackets for different TVs.
- Use proper tools to mount your TV. Screws and nails are not recommended because they may damage walls.
- Be careful while drilling holes in walls. Avoid hitting pipes or wires inside the wall.
- Don’t drill too many holes in the wall. Leave at least 2 inches between each hole.
- When screwing the TV to the wall, make sure to keep the screws away from electrical outlets.
- Keep all cords and wires away from the back of the TV.
- Before hanging your TV, check the connections. Turn off the TV and remove the antenna. Then turn on the TV again. If everything works fine, you’re ready to go!
- After you mount a TV, test its connection by turning on the TV. If there are no problems, then you’re done!
- Clean up the area after mounting your TV. Remove excess screws and glue.
- Finally, enjoy watching your favorite team!
Contact Handyman Connection
Contact Handyman Connection to schedule a free home improvement estimate. Call or text your local office if you have any questions or would like to learn more about our services.