So…you have a nice, roomy garage, yet you’re still parking your vehicle in the driveway? Hmmm. This sounds like a problem only Handyman Connection can solve! Do you want your home’s garage better organized? Of course you do! We’re here to share some tips and ideas to get that cluttered garage cleaned up…and, as always, we are available to determine and install the best shelving and storage solutions for anywhere in your home. In the meantime, here’s some easy ways to get your garage organized:
- Begin by sorting through the contents of your garage. Make 3 piles for items that you no longer need: recycle, trash, and donate.
- For the items you are keeping, organize them by use. For example: Gardening supplies and tools, sports and hobby gear, seasonal items – such as holiday decorations, household tools and hardware, automotive tools and supplies, paints and combustibles.
- Now, think about where in your garage you will need to store each category. Garden tools should be close to the garage door, for ease of use. Seasonal items and decorations can be be stored up on a shelf.
- Consider installing a wall-mounted rail system, with various types of hooks to accommodate all of your garden tools, and even sports gear and bikes! This keeps valuable garage floor space free for very important items…like your car.
- Take advantage of the vertical space in your garage by installing overhead shelving. It’s the perfect solution for seasonal items. Overhead garage shelving attaches to ceiling joists, so professional installation is recommended.
- Storage shelves filled with plastic storage totes can keep a variety of items organized and off the floor. Everything from garden tools to outside toys can be safely stored.
- Once all of your items are organized and stores, give that garage floor a good sweeping and pull you car in!
That’s it…you’re done with this month’s organization project! Now take a look around…do you need a new garage door opener installed? Perhaps you’ve been dreaming of a nice, epoxy coating on your home’s garage floor surface? We can make that happen! Call us at 1-800-88-HANDY for a free, no-obligation project estimate. We’re committed to providing you with dependable and skilled handymen, great customer service, and first class workmanship — guaranteed!