One of the most used rooms in the home, the kitchen, is on everyone’s remodelling bucket list. A complete kitchen remodel can be costly and not everyone is in a position to invest that much money into their home. If you’re looking to remodel your kitchen on a budget, it’s best to focus on the things you use most or that have a big visual impact. These kitchen updates can be done at the weekend, are relatively inexpensive and can make your kitchen look and function great.
- New Cabinet Hardware – Updating the hardware on your kitchen cabinets and drawers can transform the look of your kitchen.
- Install a Tile Backsplash – This project is good introduction to tiling and a great way to upgrade the look of your kitchen. Even if you are intimidated by tile work there are peel and stick options that look great too, or you can call in a trusted expert.
- Paint or Wallpaper an Accent Wall or Breakfast Nook – In order to set the wall or space apart from the kitchen but still maintain flow and continuity, choose a wallpaper or paint colour in one of the accent colours used in the main area of the kitchen.
- New Kitchen Sink and Faucet – While this upgrade can be slightly more expensive, it’s well worth the cost. If you haven’t updated your kitchen faucet in a while, you will be very happy with the results. A good stainless steel kitchen sink costs around C$400 or more and you can expect to pay a similar amount for a new kitchen faucet.
- Install Window Treatments – You can easily make and install your own kitchen window treatments, with a little help and inspiration.
- Paint your Kitchen Window Frames – painting window frames with a bold colour is a hot new trend, and it can save you money as you won’t be painting your whole kitchen! Check out some great inspiration here.
Transforming your kitchen doesn’t have to break the bank. Call on the experts at Handyman Connection and we can discuss some additional improvement solutions to update the most-used room in your home!