Happy 2017 to you and your family! There’s no better time than now to make your home a more organized space for the new year. Today, we’d like to share the beginning of a very realistic plan to make your home organized and clutter-free! If you need assistance installing storage shelves or any other space-saving or storage-enhancing accessories, call on the experts at Handyman Connection for a free project estimate. Think of us as your go-to connection for all your home improvement needs and keep watching this space for each month’s home organization task!
January: Organize the Home Office
- Create a mail/postal station. Set up mail or postal boxes on a desk or wall. Give each member of your family their own labeled box, bin, or slot.
- Stay on schedule. Hang a large monthly calendar in a spot everyone can see and use it. Choose a paper calendar or dry-erase version, and encourage everyone to write important events, deadlines, and reminders.
- Organize office supplies. Outfit a desk drawer near your main working area with a divided tray or multiple small bins. Limit the number of office supplies in each compartment. Label each compartment with an adhesive label.
- Get rid of junk. Test all writing utensils. Trash everything that doesn’t work.
- File the important stuff and trash the rest. Try your best to keep up with the paperwork as it comes in.
That’s it…you’re done with this month’s organization project! Now take a look around…do you feel the home office could benefit from a fresh new coat of paint or an updated lighting fixture? Call us at 1-800-88-HANDY for a free, no-obligation project estimate. We’re committed to providing you with dependable and skilled handymen, great customer service, and first class workmanship — guaranteed!