At Handyman Connection
, we understand that seniors’ decision to remain in their homes is not an easy one. While your own house may be where you are most comfortable and have the easiest access to friends, you may also be concerned about how you will take care of your property and avoid injuries. Our team is skilled at carrying out a number of remodelling projects and maintenance tasks that aim to make aging in place safer and more manageable. Consider how our repair services in Etobicoke
could benefit you or a loved one when aging in place.
Top Remodelling Ideas
There are multiple ways home repairs for seniors may reduce safety hazards and simplify daily tasks. Several areas throughout your home are common targets for remodelling:
- Kitchen: Preparing meals is made a lot simpler with gadgets such as roll-out and rotating shelves. Installing these features, in addition to adjusting your countertop height, may make it easier to access and use the materials you need. Anti-slip flooring is also a good way to avoid slipping due to spilt water.
- Bathroom: Minor changes such as grab bars, walk-in showers and shower seats can make a big difference when it comes to preventing a bad fall. Anti-slip flooring is also useful in and around the shower.
- Walkways: Heavily trafficked areas can be made safer by eliminating tripping hazards such as uneven thresholds, rugs and electrical cords. Railings and stairlifts can also make navigating between different levels more manageable.
Depending on your particular daily routine and health requirements, there are many renovations not listed here that may also improve your living situation.
Common Maintenance Needs
In addition to making structural modifications, many seniors choose to seek assistance with keeping up their building. Some of these maintenance projects may be one-time repairs, while others may be monthly or yearly needs. Consider a few ways handymen can help you take care of your property:
- Inspecting the roof and foundation
- Fixing leaks
- Repairing damaged flooring
- Addressing electrical issues
- Changing HVAC filters and lightbulbs
- Checking smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
While these may seem like minor tasks, taking care of small problems as they arise may prevent larger issues from occurring.
How We Can Help
At Handyman Connection, our team of experienced craftsmen is qualified to tackle a long list of remodelling and maintenance
- Installing roll-out shelves
- Installing motion-sensor lights and faucets
- Installing shower seats, walk-in tubs, grab bars and anti-slip flooring
- Widening doorways and adding pocket doors
- Installing ramps and stairlifts
- Installing caregiver cameras
- Adding anti-scald devices to faucets
If you don’t see the type of home improvement you need listed here, we may still be able to help. Our specialties include numerous electrical, plumbing and carpentry jobs.
At Handyman Connection, we strive to achieve two main goals: high-quality work and excellent customer service. Because our team members are experienced and skilled, you can count on every installation or repair to be completed durably and reliably. On top of that, we aim to take the stress out of home improvements by keeping you involved throughout the process. We want to make sure that the changes you envisioned for your home are just what we produce.
Contact Us Today
If you’re ready to modify your home to make aging in place safer, easier and simpler, give our Handyman Connection team in Etobicoke a call today. We would be happy to schedule your consultation
and provide you with a price estimate.