Reliable Senior Home Renovations for Martensville
When residents of Martensville, SK, are coming up on their golden years, they might be considering aging-in-place renovations so they can continue living in their home for years. You can have children or grandchildren stay for visits and retain the furniture, routines and decorations familiar to you. While you may be healthy for many years, aging-in-place renovations can simplify the transition into retirement.
Handyman Connection contractors can assist with many aging-in-place installation projects. When done properly, these installations make your home easier to keep up. They can also make your home easier to get around in for wheelchairs, walkers and electric scooters. These upgrades can, in addition, make support for seniors easier, so you can better care for your partner or spouse and keep them at home longer.
Whether you need minor upgrades and repairs to stay in your residence or a complete remodel, get in touch with Handyman Connection of Saskatoon. We are happy to answer all your questions or plan for a no-cost estimate.
Floor Plans for Senior Care Remodeling
- Widening of hallways and entryways to make them wheelchair accessible for seniors can be vital for aging-in-place services
- Adding electric chair lifts for stairs or elevators can make it possible to stay in your own home for many years
- One-floor living is a requirement for today’s seniors. We can help remodel your house to age in place peacefully without having to use the stairways
Senior Home Exterior Remodeling
- Siding repairs can end the trouble of ongoing maintenance
- Fixing your deck or patio can improve safety, and deck remodeling such as adding ramps and wider access can make it easier to get around
- Landscaping changes such as planting shrubbery and plants that are easy to preserve cut down on the need for yard work and water
Bathroom Remodeling for Retired Life
Repairing and remodeling tiny bathrooms can help you age in place by:
- Adding bracing in the shower
- Replacing faucets so you don’t have to twist your wrists
- Increasing space to turn around in
- Installing a seat in the shower
- Adding lights in the shower stall for better visibility
- Installing grab bars around the tub and toilet to prevent dangerous falls
- Raising toilets to make it easier to sit and stand
- Separate spaces for caregivers
Small Stuff Makes a Difference in Retirement Remodels
- Installing non-slippery hard floors and replacing of old carpet with new carpet of less than 1.5-inch pile can make wheelchair accessibility simple
- Minor upgrades such as new levers instead of knobs and easy-open windows and blinds, thermostats moved lower on the wall, switches and outlets near entryways, and installation of security systems can make aging-in-place more convenient
Front Doors and Ramps for Aging-in-Place
- Putting in non-slip flooring can improve everyday welfare
- Motion lighting, flattened thresholds and additional garage space make senior living and care for aging adults easier
- Wheelchair accessibility ramps to exterior doors and in garages can make it easier for aging adults to come and go
Contact Handyman Connection Today
Adapting an area of your home in Martensville, SK, for you to stay in so your family can be with you while you age in place can be ideal. Ask about changes to just one bathroom or installation of an electric chair lift to make this possible. Call the retirement remodeling technicians at Handyman Connection of Saskatoon to get your questions answered and plan for a safe, rewarding retirement home.