What We Do
Jobs We Specialize In
- Installing and repairing electrical fixtures, outlets and switches
- Ceiling fan installation
- Light fixture installation
- Upgrading electrical panels and sub-panels
- Installing GFCIs (ground fault circuit interrupters) and electrical surge protectors
- Installing motion detectors and other security equipment
- Adding hard-wired smoke detectors
- Installing carbon monoxide detectors
- Installing recessed lighting
- Installing under cabinet lighting
- Installing and wiring for backup generators
While no one hopes to ever need major repair services for their home or place of business, it is likely that you will require a few home improvements over the years. Your property’s electrical system is an especially important component to maintain. When you encounter an electrical issue at your house or business in Ottawa, your local Handyman Connection is the team to call. We provide a range of professional electrical repair services that may resolve whatever electrical problem you are experiencing.
Common Electrical Repair Needs
There are a number of electrical concerns that may pop up during the time you own your property. Some of these issues may be relatively minor. For example, if your building is older, you may need to update your electrical system in order to accommodate changing electrical needs. This may involve adding additional outlets, switching out two-prong outlets for the three-prong versions and even increasing the overall amount of power available to your property. You may also need to replace old wiring in order to ensure your home or place of business remains up to code.
Another reason you may need to seek out an electrician in Ottawa is if you are undertaking a significant remodelling project. Professionals can help you install new fixtures and appliances, for instance. Additionally, you may need to adjust or add on to your current electrical layout in order to get power to any new areas of your building.
It’s important to keep an eye out for more serious electrical problems, as well. For example, if you notice that an appliance is sparking or an outlet shocks you, it’s time to call an electrician. You may also require electrical repair services if one or more breakers are tripping frequently. Other potential issues you may encounter include flickering lights, warm outlets and outlets that provide no power at all. All of these signs may point to a potentially hazardous electrical problem.
Handyman Connection’s Electrical Repair Services
If you find yourself in need of an electrician for a minor or major concern, our team at Handyman Connection is eager to help. We offer a lengthy list of electrical repair services to Ottawa residents and business owners:
- Updating electrical systems with components such as new electrical panels, sub-panels, backup generators and surge protectors
- Protecting your home by installing carbon monoxide detectors, motion detectors and hard-wired smoke detectors
- Adding light fixtures, under-cabinet lighting and recessed lighting
- Repairing or adding switches and outlets
- Installing ceiling fans
At Handyman Connection, we value a job well done. That’s why each of our electrical specialists is highly trained and licensed by the ECRA. You can depend on us to perform quality work on every project we complete, no matter how big or small.
Our team at Handyman Connection is also known for its excellent customer service. We aim to provide efficient and effective services while also taking the time to walk you through the home improvement process. We know that electrical problems can be especially concerning, so we try to take the stress out of these projects as much as possible.
Contact Us Today
Are you ready to get your electrical problem under control? Take the first step by contacting Handyman Connection today. We would love to set up your free consultation and provide you with an estimate so that you can get your home improvement process underway.