What We Do
Jobs We Specialize In
- Interior and exterior door installation or replacement
- Interior and exterior trim installation or replacement
- Base trim and crown molding installation
- Beadboard and wainscoting installation
- Adding pet doors and storm doors
- Complete cabinet repairs or replacement
- Window installation or replacement
When it comes to construction and contracting jobs, a carpenter’s work is sometimes harder to define than other professionals like plumbers, electricians or HVAC experts. Carpenters may do a variety of jobs in home improvement and repair for existing homes. They may also have skills in general contracting or as a handyman. At the Handyman Connection in Ottawa, our carpenters possess expertise and experience in trim, finishing and building services. They are here to assist homeowners when they need a carpenter in Ottawa that has more specific know-how in this line of work.
Jobs That Demand a Carpenter’s Specialized Knowledge and Skill
A carpenter typically has the most experience and skill with jobs that make use of woodworking tools and equipment. Here are the reasons why you may need to call the Handyman Connection for carpentry installation or repair services:
- Kitchen and Bathroom Cabinets – Skilled carpenters are capable of replacing kitchen and bathroom cabinets with custom designs or prefabricated products. They can also build cabinets to fit a certain layout or space. Carpenters are also the best professionals to turn to when cabinets need repairs.
- Interior and Exterior Doors – Installing and framing interior and exterior doors takes skill and finesse. Carpenters have the necessary expertise to build a tight door frame that fits the specifications of the home and the door. Relying on someone who isn’t an expert can result in a door that lets in air from the outside or causes damage to the drywall.
- Window Repairs or Replacement – Taking out old windows and putting in new ones may need a licensed professional’s help. Window frames and sills often need to be replaced and repaired due to water damage and the elements from outside. Energy loss is a big problem with improperly installed windows.
- Stairway Repairs and Replacement – If your stairs have loose boards or you want to redesign your staircase, it’s best to turn to a carpenter. Staircases have to be built and repaired to the highest standards to prevent mishaps and safety hazards.
- Crown Molding Installation – Adding crown moulding, base trim, wainscoting and beadboard to a room can give it a sophisticated look. Putting these design elements and finishing touches on your walls may seem like a simple job, but one mistake and your room will look messy and unfinished. A carpenter can determine the best placement and install these elements in your rooms effortlessly.
- Shelving and Finishing Construction – It’s recommended to get a carpenter’s help with projects that involve built-in shelving and other wood finishing features to your home. Carpenters can help determine the right dimensions and measurements that will match your home’s design and specifications.
Carpentry Services From the Handyman Connection
At the Handyman Connection, we understand the art and skill of a talented carpenter. Our organization has a team of capable carpenters who understand the intricacies of working with cabinetry, doors, windows and trim elements. Carpentry services require skills with specialized tools, knowledge about different types of wood, incredible attention to detail, and lots of creativity. With Handyman Connection, you also get the added bonus of a team of carpenters that can solve complicated home improvement problems and walk customers through good solutions.
For your next home repair that needs a carpenter in Ottawa, let us take the lead. Find out more about our commitment to quality and expertise in carpentry repair services by submitting a free estimate to the Handyman Connection today.