Aging is a delicate subject that is difficult for some families to discuss. As you get older, there are likely going to be some changes that need to be made around the house. At Handyman Connection
, we are committed to making those changes so you can remain in your home rather than moving to a senior housing center or another similar type of community in Winnipeg. With our home repairs
for seniors and our qualified tradesmen, you can rest assured the job will get done right.
Our Aging in Place Services
To really be able to age in your own home, there could be several improvements that need to be made. Handyman Connection provides all of those services with the experience and expertise they require. Some of our Winnipeg repair services include:
- Remodelling the home – There could be various areas of your home that need a remodel so they are functional as you get older. For example, if your home is not all on one level, you might need to add on so you have access to everything you need without having to go up the stairs. If your counters are too high and you’re confined to a wheelchair, you might need us to remodel the bathrooms and kitchens.
- Installing safety features – Many seniors need a little assistance to ensure safety in their own homes. For example, we can install grab bars and shower seats to assist you in the bathroom. Our anti-scald devices and anti-slip flooring ensure safety there as well. We install caregiver and doorbell cameras and can install a stairlift if you’d rather not remodel.
- Installing other features – Safety comes first, but other features are required for the most convenience and ease of living in your home. For example, having roll-out shelves will make it easier for you to reach everything you need. An accessibility ramp keeps you from having to do the stairs and allows you access if you require a wheelchair. We also install walk-in bathtubs and showers, pocket doors, motion-sensor lights, and more.
Deciding What You Need
As a senior in Winnipeg
, your needs are unique to your abilities and health condition. We don’t just provide the services a senior needs but customize those services to each individual client. As you speak with your loved ones, you can come up with a plan for services you might need to age in place. Ask yourself:
- Which areas of my home could use easier access?
- Are there any features of my home that have been giving me problems?
- Am I in a wheelchair, or might I be in the foreseeable future?
- What fire hazards or fall hazards are in my home?
- Do I have access to everything I need on one level?
- What is my current health like and what do I expect for the future?
When you answer these questions, you’ll get a better idea of your needs. For example, you might remember a portion of carpet that has stretched and become bumpy, causing you to frequently trip over it. As a solution, you might opt to have hardwood floors installed. You might realize your countertops are too high for wheelchair access and could have the kitchen and bathroom remodeled as the solution there. All of these questions will help you discover the services you need.
Scheduling Services With Handyman Connection in Winnipeg Today
When you or a loved one are in need of aging in place repair services in Winnipeg, you know where to turn. Contact Handyman Connection to request your free estimate today