At Handyman Connection
, we recognize the need for seniors to stay in their own homes as they age. Moving into senior housing facilities or neighbourhoods in Vaughan isn’t always that enticing, and it’s not always an option. With our home repairs for seniors, we offer our customers a way to age in place in an improved, safe area. Not just anyone can complete these repairs, but our qualified tradesmen can ensure the job gets done right.
Our Specialized Aging in Place Services
To allow our senior customers to truly age in place, we have considered every aspect of a home to bring you all the services you need. Our specialized services in Vaughan include:
- Safety feature installations – We regularly install safety features such as grab bars, shower seats, anti-scald devices, anti-slip flooring, stairlifts and caregiver cameras.
- Convenient feature installations – Some features we install are not just for safety, but convenience as well. This includes fixed or portable accessibility ramps, walk-in tubs or showers, roll-out shelves, motion-sensor lights, pocket doors, and door-widening hinges.
- Remodels – Our remodelling services range from countertop height reconstruction to removing a wall or painting a room. We aim to make every home safer and more comfortable for our senior customers in Vaughan.
Other services we offer include flooring installation
, electrical services
, maintenance and a wide range of others. Warped carpet could be a tripping hazard, but we can install hardwood to combat the problem. Old electrical work could need replacing so it doesn’t create a fire hazard. All of these are things our professionals can tackle in Vaughan.
How To Determine Which Services You Need
Every client we serve has unique needs, so we couldn’t tell you which services you need. Aging in place is a delicate subject that loved ones should discuss together. Once you have decided which services you or your loved one requires, we come in to take care of the rest. To determine which services you need, consider the following:
- Does the senior have access to every necessity on one level? This includes the kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, bedroom and sitting room.
- Has the senior had any issues with certain areas of the home, such as stairs, uneven floors, a non-functional bathroom, etc?
- Does the senior require additional aids, such as a wheelchair? If so, are the doors up to code? How about the kitchen and bathroom?
- What is the senior’s health like currently? How about the future outlook of health?
- Have you had a thorough inspection of the home? You should be looking for fall hazards, fire hazards, easy accessibility, whether the doors and windows open and close easily, and other similar safety issues.
Why You Should Choose Handyman Connection
There are several reasons to contact the professionals when you need help with aging in place services, but why Handyman Connection in Vaughan? For starters:
- Our operators have extensive backgrounds in the industry with home repair, construction and remodelling experience.
- Each of our professionals has a passion for the construction industry and compassion for the senior members of our society. As locals ourselves, we are excited to take your ideas and make them come to life.
- We have a one-year guarantee for all of our work. If you discover any defects within that time, we’re happy to repair them free of charge.
Give Us a Call in Vaughan Today
As you can see, we offer a wide range of repair services in Vaughan to improve the lives of the seniors in our community. Whether you are preparing for the inevitable future or you’re taking care of an aging parent, these changes are often necessary to keep seniors in their own homes for a longer period of time. Give us a call today
and let’s discuss your needs.