The deck doesn’t see much use during winter, where keeping an outdoor party going is difficult on account of everyone shivering under their jeans and jackets. But with the weather starting to warm up, now is your chance to plan your next gathering – except your deck needs to be in shape to safely and comfortably accommodate everyone. Fortunately, the task is easy enough. Here’s how to prep your deck for outdoor entertaining this spring.
- Have your deck checked. It’s possible that your deck has sustained some bit of damage during the winter. Cold and moisture are the deck’s enemies, creating weaknesses in the structure that, over time, become a major safety risk. If the boards and stairs have a slight give when you walk across them or if the railings seem wobbly when you lean on them, call a trusted maintenance professional like Handyman Connection® of Mason for a comprehensive inspection and the necessary repair work.
- Keep the deck clean. You’re not actually going to invite people over while your deck looks worn and grimy, are you? Before you send out those invites, sweep the deck thoroughly, and clean the boards using the appropriate solution. When the boards are looking worn or scuffed, stain them so they’re lovely, sealed and waterproof. Of course, you don’t actually have to go it alone. It’s okay to take a hands-free approach and call a reliable expert to do the job. While we specialize in deck installation, you can also count on us for timely and efficient deck cleaning and staining.
- Make the space as stylish and comfortable as possible. Is the deck structurally sound? Check! Does it look clean and sleek now? Check! Now that the more practical tasks are out of the way, it’s time to focus on your deck’s aesthetics.
- If you’re inviting a good number of people over, consider upgrading to a larger outdoor table. And if you’re short on space, go for a set of stackable chairs.
- Is the party more laidback? A lounge area with comfortable seating and gentle lighting is ideal.
- Add pops of color to furniture and pillows to create a warm and friendly vibe in your outdoor space.
- A party is not complete without music. But instead of hauling out the large speakers, invest in an outdoor surround sound system that blends in with the deck design.
Get in Touch With Us
Handyman Connection of Mason is your one-stop shop for high-quality deck and outdoor living services. From deck repair and maintenance to replacement and installation, our team of skilled and experienced professionals has got you covered. Call us today at (513) 733-3777, or fill out this contact form to request a FREE quote. We proudly serve Blue Ash, OH, and the Greater Mason area.