If the drywall in your home is in good condition, you probably do not think much about it. A hole, separated seam or crack, though, can be impossible to ignore. Drywall issues affect the value, appearance and comfort of your home. Fortunately, you do not have to put up with imperfect drywall. At Handyman Connection, we provide a variety of drywall services in Kelowna, including drywall installation and repair.
Common Problems With Drywall
Drywall is a revolutionary building material that gives the insides of homes a polished and clean look. If workers do not install it correctly, however, you may notice seams, cracks or even sags in the drywall. On the other hand, even professionally installed drywall may eventually develop one or more of the following problems:
- Ordinary wear and tear: When you hang pictures in drywall, you may damage its structure. The same is true for placing furniture near walls, as routine impacts may cause the drywall to deteriorate.
- Children and pets: If children or pets live in your house, your drywall may have sustained damage from collisions, roughhousing or even nibbling.
- Water: If your home has a leaky pipe or goes through a natural flood, the drywall may sustain water damage. Water damage is often identifiable by discoloration, sagging or warping.
- Settling: All houses settle over time, with some settling more than others. When your house shifts, drywall seams may pull apart. Settling may also cause cracks or breaks in your drywall.
- Sports: In your basement or recreational room, you may have a dartboard, billiards table or ping-pong set. When playing with these items, you may inadvertently damage your drywall.
- Doorknob dents: Even if your home has doorstops or bumpers, a doorknob may dent or break through the drywall.
- Pests: Mice and other household pests can wreak havoc on your drywall. If you have pest damage, your drywall may crumble.
While it is certainly possible to damage drywall in a single incident, your damage may occur slowly over time. If you are planning to repair drywall damage, it may be a good idea to inspect all your home’s drywall for signs of disrepair.
Drywall Installation, Patching, and Replacement
At Handyman Connection of Kelowna, our experienced drywall handymen can help you with drywall installation and home repairs. Here are the drywall repair projects we specialize in:
- Patching holes
- Repairing tape seams
- Cutting out damaged drywall
- Replacing drywall
- Texturing to match the existing texture
- Restoring discoloration
We can also help you install new drywall or prepare your room for your drywall project by doing the following:
- Removing wallpaper
- Building a frame for new drywall
- Taping, mudding and floating seams
- Priming drywall
- Painting drywall
- Installing moulding
Our Pledge to You
Because drywall is a critical part of your home, we promise to deliver quality craftsmanship and responsive customer service. Whether you have a small project or a large one, we can help you achieve the look you want. We can also assist with all your general maintenance needs to help you keep your drywall in tip-top shape.
Your Free Estimate
Are you ready to repair old, damaged or deteriorated drywall? Do you want to change the look of a room? Is it time to alter the texture in your living room or bedrooms? Whatever your drywall needs, Handyman Connection of Kelowna is ready to help. Call us today or use our online contact form to schedule your free estimate.