Wondering if adding cabinets will solve your kitchen’s overflowing Tupperware problem?
They may, but depending on your kitchen’s space and design, as well as your storage needs, there may be better options available out there. Here are a few things to consider before springing for brand new cabinets:
Adding cabinets to your kitchen is a great idea if:
- You have empty wall space: If you’re running out of storage space, but have plenty of empty wall space, upper cabinets might just be the perfect solution for you.
- You want more separation: Installing cabinets (both upper and lower) is a great way to close off an open-concept kitchen, if you’re looking for more separation between, say, the bathroom and your cooking space.
- You’re adding a new kitchen island anyway: Adding a permanent base cabinet kitchen island is a great alternative to the mobile kitchen island trend that allows you to increase your storage area in a major way.
- If you need more counter space: If you’ve got floor space and need more counter top area, adding a few base cabinets around the perimeter of your kitchen is a great solution.
- You can match your existing cabinets (or replace them all): Lastly, only add new cabinets if you can match them to your existing ones. Otherwise, you’ll end up with a mismatched set, which may drive you crazy to look at every day.
Don’t add cabinets if:
- You have a small kitchen: Adding cabinets to an already-tight cooking area will only make it feel smaller.
- You could improve your organization: Before shelling out for new cabinets, try decluttering the space to see if you can make your existing cabinets work.
- Shelves would solve your dilemma: Shelves are a stylish, modern storage alternative that can help improve any kitchen’s storage and aesthetics with ease.
Ready to upgrade your cabinets? Call Handyman Connection of Lexington-Nicholasville
If you need help installing your new cabinets or want a custom shelving solution designed for your kitchen, give the pros at Handyman Connection of Lexington-Nicholasville a call. We’re your local connection to the top kitchen remodeling services in the Lexington area and are happy to help you transform your kitchen however you see fit.