Any home improvement work you do in your kitchen will help to increase the value of your home, including replacing the floor. Call Handyman Connection of Blue Ash today to give you a free, no-obligation project estimate for your kitchen floor installation. Here are some options to consider when selecting new kitchen flooring.
- Laminate flooring is a composite flooring plank with the image of a material pasted to the top. This flooring plank is then treated to be extremely durable and water resistant. Laminate floor is manufactured to look like hardwood, tile, wood planks and just about any other material that is out there. Homeowners often turn to laminate because it is cost effective, durable and easy to install.
- Linoleum is still the most cost-effective kitchen flooring option you will find, and it comes in either roll or square form. Linoleum will last for a very long time, and some people even get creative with linoleum by installing tile patterns for effect. If you are putting in a floor on a budget, then linoleum is still a great option.
- Tile has a distinct look to it, but it can take a while to install. Tile tends to be the more expensive flooring option, but it can also last the longest if it is maintained properly. It is important to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing and maintaining tile as many types require a protective coating to be administered each year to avoid staining and water damage.
- Hardwoods like bamboo are becoming a very popular choice for kitchen floors. If you do decide to go with real hardwood, it is recommended that you consult with an expert before making your decision. Some hardwoods are too soft, and can easily get scratched or gouged with the regular abuse a kitchen floor takes. Others can tolerate the daily use, and look great as kitchen floors.
- Vinyl flooring would be your best option if you anticipate high traffic volume going through your kitchen. Vinyl is durable and can hold up to the damage that cooking and high traffic volume can do to a floor. Vinyl is cost-effective and relatively easy to install, which also helps to make it popular.
The skilled craftsmen of Handyman Connection of Blue Ash are here when you decide to replace your kitchen flooring. Give us a call today! We’ll be happy to assist you and arrange your free, no-obligation quote.