What We Do
Jobs We Specialize In
- Grab bar installation
- Fixed or portable accessibility ramp installation
- Shower seat installation
- Walk-in tub installation
- Zero-threshold/walk-in shower installation
- Anti-scald device installation
- Motion-sensor faucet installation
- Countertop height remodeling
- Roll-out shelving installation
- Anti-slip flooring installation
- Motion-sensor lighting installation
- Door-widening (offset) hinge installation
A common concern among older adults is the ability to stay in their homes. Homes designed for young families may not have the features you need to successfully age in place. Sometimes, it is just the routine demand for repairs in ageing houses that discourage seniors from staying where they are. In that respect, homes are a lot like people: Their systems may need a little more attention and care as they advance in age. Handyman Connection can help with home repairs for seniors and making modifications that make your home more accessible and accommodating.
General Maintenance and Home Repairs for Seniors
When you choose to stay in your own home, repairs and general maintenance do not magically go away. However, they can become more challenging to manage. The trained technicians and craftsmen at Handyman Connection perform the highest quality repair services in Sudbury, so each job is done correctly the first time.
- Exterior maintenance, such as gutter cleaning, painting, installing door knobs, and hanging holiday decorations and lights
- Interior projects, including painting, caulking, installing weatherstripping, hanging pictures, and installing window coverings or blinds
- Plumbing, including installing faucets and repairing leaks
- Electrical work, such as adding GFCI outlets, upgrading a circuit panel or moving outlets and switches
At Handyman Connections, all of our home repairs for seniors are covered by a satisfaction guarantee. So, if you are ever unhappy with the results, we will work to make it right.
Home Modifications That Increase Home Safety for Seniors
With a little planning, most homes can become much safer for older adults looking to age in place. Handyman Connection will work with you throughout every step of your remodelling job, ensuring that you are completely satisfied with the results. Handyman Connection provides a full range of services designed to help you stay in your home longer. Some of the more common home modification and repair services that increase safety around the home include:
- Installing non-slip flooring to reduce the risk of falls
- Adding motion sensor-activated lights to ensure proper lighting and improve night-time home navigation
- Installing doorbell cameras to keep an eye on the exterior surroundings
- Widening doorways or adding pocket doors to make it easier to access rooms with a walker or wheelchair
- Adding access ramps and chair lifts to make stairways accessible
Bathroom Updates for Aging in Place
The bathroom can be a dangerous place for individuals with stability concerns. Slick surfaces, tight spaces that leave little room for maneuvering and hard-to-access bathtubs are all major fall hazards. With the right modifications, a bathroom can be made safer and more comfortable for seniors. Here are a few of the ways that our Handyman Connection tradespeople can transform your bathroom.
- Installing roll-in and zero-entry showers, walk-in tubs and shower seats to ensure bathing is a safe and stress-free experience
- Adjusting counter heights, adding roll-out shelves and drawers for storage, and installing motion detector faucets make routine washing and dental care easier
- Creating more open floor plans, wider doorways and adding grab bars throughout the layout make maneuvering with mobility aids easier and safer as well
Learn How You Can Make Your Home Safe Today
At Handyman Connection, we are concerned with more than your home’s renovation. We also want you to feel safe and comfortable. We always ensure the highest level of customer service designed to help you feel like a real part of the process. Whether you want to install safety features or get help with routine home repairs for seniors, Handyman Connection provides superior service and quality work. Simply submit an online request for a free in-home consultation today!
- Pocket door installation
- Stairlift installation
- Door camera/caregiver camera installation