As a senior in our community, you might prefer to age in place instead of moving to a senior’s community. At Handyman Connection
, we can understand that. There’s nothing quite like the comfort of your own home. This is why we offer a variety of home repairs for seniors to help you experience the safety and accessibility you require in Scarborough
When Should You Have Your Home Remodeled?
Deciding when to have your home remodelled is a personal decision that you might want to make with the input of your loved ones. Each senior in our community has unique needs and will require personalized services at different times. Some seniors might want to prepare for the future and get all the remodelling done at once, while others might take it slow and only do one project at a time as it becomes necessary. Some questions you can ask yourself to help make the decision are:
- Could I live solely on one level of my home? This would mean you have access to your kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, laundry room and sitting room all on one level. It would also mean you have outdoor access on that level.
- What fire hazards, fall hazards and accessibility hazards does my home contain? For example, is the wiring old and faulty? Do the windows stick and become difficult to open? Is the carpet warped and bumpy?
- Are there any areas of the home that have become inconvenient? For example, the cupboards are too high or too low, or the stairs are too hard on your body.
- What is my health like? Do I suspect a decline over the next few years? Will a wheelchair or other assistive devices be required at any time now or in the near future?
Services We Offer
Seniors in Scarborough are some of our favourite clients. We have a special place for those who have paved the way before us, allowing Handyman Connection to become the success it is. Our specialized services take into consideration every aspect of a senior’s life and the ease at which that life would function if certain improvements were made to the home. Our specialized services include:
- Remodelling – Whether your countertop is too high now that you’re in a wheelchair, or you need a bedroom added so you can function on one level, our remodelling services will come in handy. Our aim is to make sure you are safe and more comfortable in your home.
- Installations for safety – There are several features required to make your home safer. This includes the installation of shower seats and grab bars, anti-slip flooring and anti-scald devices, caregiver and doorbell cameras, and stairlifts and stair rails.
- Installations for convenience – In addition to safety, some of our features are installed for greater convenience for our Scarborough seniors. We install walk-in tubs and showers, pocket doors, door-widening hinges, accessibility ramps, roll-out shelves, and more.
At Handyman Connection, our services don’t stop there. We are committed to ensuring our customers all have exactly what they need. If you’re considering new electronics, we’ve got you covered. If you want to change from carpet to hardwood, we’ve got you covered there as well.
Contacting Handyman Connection in Scarborough Today
When you need aging in place repair services in Scarborough, Handyman Connection is the place to turn. With operators who have extensive backgrounds in the industry, we’re your go-to for all things related to improving your home. Contact us today to request your free estimate