Repairs and Remodels for Aging-in-Place in Saskatoon, SK
When people are in the Saskatoon, SK, area and are nearing retirement, they might be considering retirement remodels so they can live in the comfort of their home for years. This lets you have children or grandchildren stay for visits and retain the furniture, possessions and decorations you have grown to love. While you and your spouse may be healthy for many years, aging-in-place services can simplify the change of life that occurs in your golden years.
Handyman Connection of Saskatoon can help with an array of aging-in-place service jobs. If done properly, these remodels make caring for your home simpler. They can also make your house easier to navigate for wheelchairs, scooters and walkers. This remodeling can, in addition, make supporting for aging relatives simpler, so you can care better your partner or spouse and keep them at home longer.
Whether you need minor upgrades and repairs to stay in your home or need a complete remodel, get in touch with the Handyman Connection technicians in Saskatoon, SK. We are happy to answer all your questions or set up an appointment for a free consultation.
Floor Plans for Aging-in-Place
- Widening of hallways and entryways to make them easier for wheelchairs to go through can be necessary for aging-in-place remodels
- Adding electric chair lifts for stairs or elevators can make living at home a real possibility
- Single story homes are a requirement for today’s retirees. We can help you rearrange your house to age in place in comfort without having to navigate stairways
Exterior Upgrades for Your Golden Years
- Brick or siding repairs can end the trouble of painting, climbing ladders and more
- Fixing your deck or patio can improve safety, and deck remodeling such as new ramps and wider access can make your outdoor space easier to navigate
- Landscaping changes such as planting shrubbery and plants that are easy to maintain can reduce the need for gardening, weeding and watering
Bathroom Remodeling for Retired Life
Renovating tiny bathrooms can help you age in place by:
- Installing grab bars
- Replacing faucets
- Increasing space to turn around in
- Installing a fold-down seat in the shower stall
- Adding overhead lighting in the shower stall
- Installing bracing around the tub and toilet to prevent slips and falls
- Raising toilets to make it easier to sit and stand
- Separate spaces for caregivers
Little Stuff Matters in Retirement Remodels
- Installing non-slippery tiles and replacing of worn carpet with new carpet of 1.5-inch pile can make wheelchair accessibility simple
- Minor changes such as doorknob replacement with levers and easier-to-operate windows, thermostats moved lower on the wall, light switches near entryways, and installation of emergency 911 switches can make aging-in-place independently more convenient
Entryway Remodels for Seniors
- Installation of non-slip flooring can improve safety
- Additional lighting, flat thresholds and garage additions make living at home in retirement easier
- Wheelchair accessibility ramps to exterior doors and in garages can make it easier for aging adults to come and go
Contact Handyman Connection of Saskatoon Today!
Remodeling to age in place in Saskatoon, SK, can also include additions to make space for domestic help, including the construction of a separate apartment or upgrades to a bedroom and bathroom suite and adding a small kitchen. Contact the retirement remodeling experts at Handyman Connection in Saskatoon, SK, to get your questions answered and plan for a safe, rewarding retirement at home.