If you have a small kitchen and do not have the means to enlarge it, Handyman Connection of Red Deer suggests embracing the size of your current space and maximizing it as best as possible. We have a few ideas listed below to help plan your minor remodel and create a more efficient and functional space on a budget friendly timeline.
- Paint your kitchen or freshen up your cabinets with a light color palette – the dark colors will “close in” a room
- Hanging pot racks from the ceiling or installing vertical cabinets will create more storage space while still having floor space
- Keep your windows open as natural light will make any room look larger
- Wall mount pieces to hold your utensils or spice jars to declutter your kitchen counter
- A rolling island is a great way to add more counter space and create more storage if there are shelves built in. With its wheels to roll around freely, you can change up your kitchen layout any day
- Make room elsewhere in the house for your occasional use items to make more room in the kitchen for your everyday use tools
If you have looked online for DIY ideas or have ever seen “Tiny House, Big Living,” you are aware that these ideas are possible with a bit of help! Call Handyman Connection of Red Deer for your free evaluation quote on different ideas to make your big kitchen a reality.