There are most likely very few homeowners that would tell you that everything that needs to be done around the house in terms of safety, upkeep and renovations, is done. Whether you are faced with a small project like changing a plumbing fixture, fixing a door, or some grout work or you are faced with a major renovation, you need an experienced and knowledgeable handyman on your side.
There are most likely very few homeowners that would tell you that everything that needs to be done around the house in terms of safety, upkeep and renovations, is done. Whether you are faced with a small project like changing a plumbing fixture, fixing a door, or some grout work or you are faced with a major renovation, you need an experienced and knowledgeable handyman on your side. Every year, millions of Americans attempt to DIY something in their home that is probably just a bit too out of their league (or WAY out of their league) and costly errors are made. It can be easy to forget that handymen and contractors are around for more than a total home renovation. Below are 4 common handyman projects with which homeowners tend to need professional assistance.
- Kitchen Remodel
- One of the most popular renovations in any home is a kitchen remodel. This can be small scale or large scale. It may mean you want to paint or stain your cabinets and replace hardware or it may mean you want to replace your cabinetry completely and install new countertops as well as appliances. No matter the scale, a kitchen remodel is a big undertaking that is best handled by a qualified and licensed professional handyman. Get the most out of your investment by hiring a professional to ensure everything is done properly, plumbing is properly connected, all appliances are safely installed, and cabinetry is level. The end result is sure to be beautiful and add value to your home.
- Wall Mounting Electronics and/or Artwork
- If you are not an audio/video professional or handyman with a selection of tools you will probably not be able to mount that brand new television on your wall. First, the television mount must be installed and all cords hidden inside the wall, and then you must be able to actually safely lift the television and secure it on the mount. The last thing you want is to drop or damage that brand new television because of sloppy DIY work.
- Electrical Work
- Ask any electrician, contractor, handyman, fireman or doctor what one thing that should almost never be DIY’d is and they will probably tell you electrical work. Electrical work is complicated and dangerous. When done incorrectly it could lead to physical harm and pose a fire hazard for your home. When you want to change outlets, change electrical switches, or replace lighting in your home, it is a job that is best left to a professional handyman.
- Painting is one of the most inexpensive ways to transform a home. Interior and exterior painting may seem simple but there is a lot of preparation work to ensure the surface you are painting on will take the paint properly and that you won’t damage flooring, upholstery, or other structures in or around your home. Additionally, when paint is applied properly by a professional, the appearance will be a flawless and relatively inexpensive upgrade.