We offer a wide range of services for that fresh look, or just maintenance or updates to keep your home functioning and safe. Regardless of the size of the job, we have a craftsman that can tackle it. We offer a wide range of services for that fresh look, or just maintenance or updates to keep your home functioning and safe. Regardless of the size of the job, we have a craftsman that can tackle it.
Carpentry / May 27, 2019
While moving to a new place can be exciting, it can also be stressful. Being in a new city means you’ll have to look for new handymen and contractors you can trust for your home’s maintenance.
In this post, your local home improvement expert, Handyman Connection of Matthews, discusses ways to find a reliable local handyman.
1. HomeAdvisor – Contractors you can find on HomeAdvisor have been screened and have verified reviews. You’ll just have to select the category of your project and complete queries from HomeAdvisor. They will then give four suggested providers that best suit your home improvement project.
2. Houzz – More than 40 million homeowners, home design enthusiasts and home improvement experts. You can find providers with different expertise on the website. All home improvement contractors listed on the site have reviews, star ratings and contact information. Some also post photos and information on the previous projects they’ve completed.
3. Yelp – Yelp is a popular crowdsourcing website where users post reviews of services they’ve experienced. You’ll only have to provide your location and the service you need. Yelp will provide you with nearby providers sorted by their star ratings.
4. Local Hardware Store – Hardware store employees may give recommendations for good handymen in your area. You may also find the handymen themselves in the store. Hardware stores usually have an abundance of business cards, ads and information for local contractors.
5. Referrals – One of the best ways to find a new handyman is by asking the people you know in your area for referrals. You can also ask your new coworkers or neighbors. It’s important to know the contractors they recommend and those you should avoid.
Choose Handyman Connection of Matthews for your home maintenance needs. Our team only provides quality workmanship and excellent customer service. We also offer carpentry, painting, electrical and plumbing services. Call us at (704) 255-5626 or complete our online form for an estimate.