Handyman Connection of Johnson County Provides Steps for Hanging Shelves
Hanging shelves is an easy task, but you must take the necessary precautions to get it right. This can only be done if you follow these simple steps:
- Get the right tools. You don’t want to damage your shelving when trying to hang it in a disorganized manner.
- Clear out space in your room or on the floor for both shelves and hardware.
- Measure how far apart each of your shelves should be from one another and mark that spot on the wall where they are supposed to meet.
- Make sure all the holes for screws are properly drilled into studs and load supports are installed uprightly into walls, etc.
- Last but not least, measure how far apart each shelf should be from each other and your ceiling.
- Follow the instructions inside your hardware packet to assemble your hardware.
- Make sure you have a level handy to make sure all the shelves are installed right side up.
- Slowly start hanging your first piece of hardware onto the wall and continue until they are all in place.
- “Whalla”, you got it right! (The only thing left is to fill that space with what you want to put on those shelves).
Remember: You get what you pay for, even when it comes to hanging shelves, so don’t skimp out on anything.
Contact Handyman Connection of Johnson County
Contact Handyman Connection of Johnson County to schedule a free home improvement estimate. Call (913) 521-8961 if you have any questions or would like to learn more about our services.