Small problems in your home can result in costly damage down the road. Fortunately, there are many ways to stop issues before they become more expensive.
Invest in Regular Inspections
It’s normal for structures, systems and appliances to wear out over time, whether you use them often or not. The important thing, however, is to be aware of their condition or any issues that may be preventing them from functioning properly.
By scheduling regular home inspections, you can have a clear grasp of their current condition. You can also anticipate some problems based on signs or symptoms that may be discovered during the inspections.
Some essential parts of your home that need regular checks include:
- Roofs – Visual checks can go a long way. Look out for missing or loose shingles. Don’t forget to check your attic as well. Damp patches on your ceilings or walls often indicate a problem.
- HVAC – Check the filters for dirt buildup, and replace them if necessary. Ensure all your HVAC units are working properly.
- Plumbing – Watch out for any damage or problem with your pipes. Water issues can be quite inconvenient as they will likely affect your daily activities or chores. Make sure to fix leaky faucets immediately, and have a professional look for other damage or hidden leaks in your plumbing system.
Carry Out Preventive Maintenance
Complement your routine checks by doing some preventive maintenance.
- Gutters – Clean them regularly in order to prevent leaves, twigs and other debris from accumulating in your gutters. If neglected, dirt and debris buildup can make it difficult for the gutters and downspouts to direct water away from the walls and foundations of your home.
- Circuit breaker – Homeowners are advised to flip their circuit breakers off and on once a year. According to experts, this can help prevent corrosion and extend the service life of the device. If you notice a spark or frayed wires, call an electrician immediately.
Schedule a Consultation Today
Handyman Connection® of Eden Prairie provides an array of services that will help you achieve your home improvement goals. Our team is composed of professional craftsmen who always strive for 100% customer satisfaction. Call us at (952) 563-8200, or fill out our contact form to request a free quote.