Whether you’re remodeling on a budget or just want to update a few smaller things in your cooking space, here are a few minor remodeling project ideas to try in your kitchen:
1. Repaint One (or All) of the Walls
Painting is a relatively quick and painless minor remodeling project for your kitchen. Most kitchens need just two gallons of paint (which can cover up to 800 square feet).
But, if you’re just looking to paint a single accent wall, you’ll likely need just one gallon or less, depending on the size of your wall and the number of coats you’ll need.
We recommend choosing a glossy paint that will be easy to wipe off, so that grease pops, spills and other stains won’t ruin your upgrade.
Here are a few resources to help you choose the right hue for your kitchen:
- Paint Color Visualizer – Digitally Paint Your Room by PPG Paints
- 18 Colorful Kitchen Paint Ideas by Good Housekeeping
Need a professional painter? We offer expert home painting services in Charleston.
2. Update the Look of Your Cabinets
Replacing cabinets can be incredibly expensive – between $4,000 and $13,000 on average. If you’re not ready to spend that much on cabinets, you could refinish, repaint or reface them instead.
- Refinishing or Repainting Cabinets: Sanding and repainting or restaining your cabinets is the most budget-friendly option, and great if your cabinets are in good shape but need a little facelift.
- Refacing Cabinets: You could also remove and replace just the doors of your cabinets to create an entirely new look, for about 75% the cost of replacing the cabinets themselves.
To connect with expert carpentry services in the Queen City area, reach out to Handyman Connection of Charleston.
3. Give Your Cabinets Some New Hardware
Replacing cabinet handles and drawer pulls is another easy-to-do minor kitchen project that can have a major impact in any home.
Learn more about kitchen cabinet and door hardware with these resources:
- Hardware 101 – Hardware Terms by Charleston Hardware
- 20 Gorgeous Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas by CountryLiving
4. Swap Out Your Old Countertops
While this minor kitchen remodel can be relatively expensive, it is one of the quickest ways to upgrade the look of your kitchen without having to tear up too much of the space in the process. If you’re looking for a partial upgrade, adding butcher’s block to one side of your counters is a great way to turn your kitchen into a culinary haven worthy of your own Food Network show.
Find a kitchen countertop design below to kick off your minor kitchen remodel:
- Remodeling 101: All About Butcher Block Countertops by Remodelista
- Cheap Kitchen Countertop Alternatives to Granite by HomeAdvisor
5. Replace the Flooring
If your kitchen floors just aren’t what they used to be, consider swapping them out for new, floating floors. Floating floors can be installed over top of most surfaces, making the installation process much simpler – no need to deal with ripped up floors and remodeling dust!
Linoleum and vinyl are great, low-cost floating floor options for a minor kitchen remodel. If you want the feel of real wood, click-lock engineered hardwood or laminate are both good budget-friendly alternatives to solid hardwood.
Here are a few more resources to help you choose the best kitchen flooring:
- The Best Kitchen Flooring Options by DIY Network
- Inexpensive Kitchen Flooring Ideas by Better Homes & Gardens
Request a free quote for flooring installation in Charleston for your kitchen upgrade.
6. Add a Backsplash
Adding a tile backsplash is a simple way to make any kitchen pop. Porcelain or ceramic tiles are popular, reasonably-priced options for kitchen backsplashes, but if you’re looking to tackle this minor kitchen remodel on a budget, you can also try peel-and-stick backsplash – many affordable, durable options are available on Amazon. The best part: they’re exactly as easy to install as their name suggests!
Here are a few articles to help you choose the right backsplash for your home:
- 83 Exciting Kitchen Backsplash Trends to Inspire You by Sebring Design Build
- 13 Removable Kitchen Backsplash Ideas by The Spruce
Need Help With Your Minor Kitchen Remodeling? Call Handyman Connection of Charleston
No matter how big or small your kitchen project may be, Handyman Connection of Charleston can help. We offer expert remodeling services in the Charleston area for kitchens, bathrooms and more, and can handle anything from electrical work to plumbing fixes – learn more about our full list of home services today.