If watch a lot of home improvement shows (like us!) then you know the reaction the dreaded “popcorn ceiling” elicits. The potential homeowner typically recoils and their face looks as if they’ve smelled a skunk. Even the feeling of them can give you the creeps! The home improvement experts at Handyman Connection of Blue Ash are here to tell you the top 5 reasons why you should get rid of those popcorn ceilings and add some value (and smile-inducing beauty) to your Blue Ash home.
- Asbestos: Let’s get the most serious fact out of the way. Some popcorn ceilings applied prior to 1978 could contain asbestos, which can be harmful to your health if the particles become disturbed. If this is the case in your home, it’s best to call in an expert to test your ceiling, and if it does contain asbestos, pay a certified professional to properly remove and dispose of it.
- Too difficult to paint: If you’ve ever tried to paint your popcorn ceiling, you know this is true. The uneven surface makes it difficult to apply paint.
- Hard to repair: If your popcorn ceiling needs to be patched or repaired, and you want it to look good, it’s a pretty difficult and time-consuming task.
- It makes your home look dated: Because popcorn ceilings were the standard in home construction between the late 1930’s to early 1990’s, it can instantly date the look of your home to potential homebuyers.
- Popcorn ceilings collect dust: All those little uneven nubs catch dust and fibers. If you have an allergy-prone person in your home, switching to smooth ceilings could greatly improve their quality of life.
Is it time for you to get rid of your popcorn ceilings? Call on the the home improvement experts at Handyman Connection of Blue Ash. Our goal is to provide you with excellent workmanship and superior customer service…and a smooth, beautiful new ceiling! Call us today at 513-771-3950 for your free, no-obligation project estimate!