- Ease into the school routine. Send the kids to bed and wake them up on your school schedule at least a week before school starts.
- Set up a family bulletin board. Set up a family bulletin board and/or calendar to keep appointments organized. With the family, discuss upcoming events prior to the start of each week.
- Lay out clothes for next day. Let your kids choose what to wear the night before to avoid last-minute indecision. If you really want to plan ahead, have them select a week’s worth of outfits.
- Make lunches grab-and-go. The weekend before, divide up fruits and veggies into lunch-size portions. Place them along with deli meats, yogurts, cheese, spreads and other lunch items in one location in the fridge for fast lunch prep.
- Designate a drop spot for backpacks. Keep your hallways and living areas clutter-free by teaching your kids to drop school gear in their designated cubby, or on a shelf or hook near the entryway. Keep your storage low so it’s easily accessible.
Trust a Handyman for Home Maintenance
For all your home repairs, Handyman Connection is here for you. Let our skilled craftsmen relieve you of some of your home repair and maintenance burdens, so you have more time to take care of those who are most important! Call 1-800-88-HANDY or request a free estimate today!